Commercial Services Division
We can meet your unique commercial real estate needs.
Ashley is the lead attorney and licensed title insurance agent of Commercial Services at Commerce Title & Abstract Company. Her specialty is commercial real estate, including transactions involving retail, single and multi-family housing, industrial development, as well as the petrochemical and financial services industries. Ashely’s legal experience includes both residential and commercial real estate transactions as well as mortgage banking. she also served as a Site Office Liaison in the Business Division of the Gulf Coast Claims Facility following the Deepwater horizon Water Spill.
The attorneys in our Commercial Services Division have a wealth of commercial transactional expertise involving retail, mixed use, single- and multi-family housing, industrial development, governmental contracts, commercial escrow services, petrochemical industries and beyond. Our services include, but are not limited to, Purchases and Sales, Leasing, Title Insurance, and Real Estate Finance.
• Represented multiple buyers in acquisitions of industrial cargo facilities and warehouse spaces throughout the
Baton Rouge/New Orleans corridor
• Provided title services in connection to the acquisition of
waste recycling facility
• Refinance of barge storage facility along Mississippi River
• Easement research and review for BASF plant
• Title work associated with corporate buyout of KPAQ
Industries Paper Mill
• Refinance of industrial battery recycling facility for Exide
• Conducted title exam, directed closing, and issued title
policy on the acquisition of land and the proposed
construction of major regional technology park
• Represented national buyer/developer for various large scale multi-lot retail developments throughout the state
• Provided title and closing services for sales of retail outlots
• Provided title and closing services for refinance and subsequent
multi-state asset sale of national hotel chain
• Title work for sale of component parcel of large retail
• Provided title and closing services for redevelopment sale of
component parcel or large retail development
• Conducted title exam, directed closing and issued a title policy on
the acquisition of land and the proposed construction of a major regional technology park.
Single- and Multi-Family
• Title work on multiple apartment complexes in the Greater Baton Rouge area
• Sale of Anchorage Apartments in St. Tammany Parish
• Represented Buyer in acquisition of site for construction of Multi-
family apartment complex utilizing tax credit financing
• Represented condominium developer in acquisition of a 302 unit
apartment complex and drafted all documents and agreement pertinent to subsequent condominium conversion. Closed multimillion dollar construction loan during ongoing construction
and ultimately closed dozens of individual condominium sales transactions.
Financial Escrow Services
• Acted as a third party escrow agent for disbursement of sales proceeds in commercial stock buyout
• Acted as a third party escrow agent for disbursement of loan proceeds secured by large mixed use development
• Represented multiple state agencies in the acquisition of public right of ways and servitudes, including issuing title policies for fee title
• Ongoing abstracting, title exam and title policy issuance for
State agency in their acquisition and construction of major flood
control diversion project. This project affects large rural tracts as well dozens of urban residential tracts
• Title work on confidential transaction involving sale and lease back of various operational components in multiple parishes for
large petrochemical operation
• Title work on sale and finance of power generation facility for
Carville Energy LLC
Commercial Services FAQ
Who are we?
- Commerce Title & Abstract Company is an independently owned title company offering title, escrow, and settlement services on real property across the state of Louisiana. Our legal team comprises eight attorneys with more than 150 years of collective title experience.
What is the scope of our services?
Commerce Title provides multiple services including the drafting of leases and purchase agreements providing settlement, escrow, and title review services as well as issuing title insurance policies to protect leasehold, owner and lender risks and interests.
What is the scope of our expertise?
The attorneys in our Commercial Services Division have a wealth of commercial transactional expertise involving retail, financial/escrow, mixed use, single- and multi- family housing, industrial development, governmental contracts, petrochemical industries and beyond.
The bottom line is, even if an email seems to be coming from someone you trust, if it looks and feels different than what you are used to seeing from that sender, it is best to go with your gut feeling, ignore the message, and pick up the phone. This could save you a great heartache.